• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't do screen shot

Hello everyone.
I can't seem to do a screen shot. I have tried on some web sites to take a picture and on this site using some of the help tips.
I get a note stating that I can not perform this function because of securiry and or privacy issues.

I must be missing somethig because I have gone thru all my settings and turned on all that I felt should be turned on.

Any hints would be very hellful.
Thanks,
Jim

If the site institutes a security policy preventing screenshots (usually related to sensitive information that is there for your own protection, as it prevents other 3rd party apps from capturing things they shouldn't.

If it is not that, have you used package disabler? If you disable faceprovider it will prevent you from taking screen shots.

Upvote 0
If the site institutes a security policy preventing screenshots (usually related to sensitive information that is there for your own protection, as it prevents other 3rd party apps from capturing things they shouldn't.

If it is not that, have you used package disabler? If you disable faceprovider it will prevent you from taking screen shots.

SolApathy,
Thank you for the note. Being a 'newbe' here, I regret I don't understand your response.
Perhaps one day I'll catch on, but it will take some time.
I do appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Thank you,
Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How are actually taking screen-shots? It's usually you press volume-down and power simultaneously, because that's a system feature in most Android phones and tablets, and websites in a browser should just not be able to disable that feature.

Mike,
On my old tab it was the power and volume key.
This tablet says to use the power button and the home screen button. I have tried all the methods suggested and no joy......yet.
Thanks for the note.
Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones