Help Can't download Android apps on Note or Note 8 tablet

I've been having problems for the past 6 months in downloading apps or updates from Google Play on my Note phone. I have to disconnect from my router and download through 4G. Have had the phone for a year and didn't have this problem for the first 6 months. Nothing has changed on my wireless router.

This wasn't a big deal until yesterday when I bought a Note 8 tablet. It's doing the same thing. However, I don't have it added to my data plan so I don't have 4G to assist. The error messages are either 'package is invalid' or 'error code 489'.

Has any one had this problem? I can't seem to find any Google support on this problem. Any help would be most appreciated!

tube517

Android Expert
I've been having problems for the past 6 months in downloading apps or updates from Google Play on my Note phone. I have to disconnect from my router and download through 4G. Have had the phone for a year and didn't have this problem for the first 6 months. Nothing has changed on my wireless router.

This wasn't a big deal until yesterday when I bought a Note 8 tablet. It's doing the same thing. However, I don't have it added to my data plan so I don't have 4G to assist. The error messages are either 'package is invalid' or 'error code 489'.

Has any one had this problem? I can't seem to find any Google support on this problem. Any help would be most appreciated!

Have you tried rebooting/resetting your router?

shedevil7953

Have you tried rebooting/resetting your router?
Yes, I have. I have satellite for internet and the signal changes constantly. Thinking the connection isn't strong enough. I've even shut down phones, all computers and still get the same error codes. :(

Reggie3

Yes, I have. I have satellite for internet and the signal changes constantly. Thinking the connection isn't strong enough. I've even shut down phones, all computers and still get the same error codes. :(
I would try using a different system - either starbucks or a friends house and see if it works there. That will eliminate the devices - I suspect your router may be it - are you using a separate router or the one that came with your sat system?

shedevil7953

Took it to work and downloads in seconds. It isn't my wireless router (separate), it's my lousy internet company. I call it 'medium' speed internet instead of high speed. We are rural and can't get high speed internet service. Thanks.