• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download Android apps on Note or Note 8 tablet

I've been having problems for the past 6 months in downloading apps or updates from Google Play on my Note phone. I have to disconnect from my router and download through 4G. Have had the phone for a year and didn't have this problem for the first 6 months. Nothing has changed on my wireless router.

This wasn't a big deal until yesterday when I bought a Note 8 tablet. It's doing the same thing. However, I don't have it added to my data plan so I don't have 4G to assist. The error messages are either 'package is invalid' or 'error code 489'.

Has any one had this problem? I can't seem to find any Google support on this problem. Any help would be most appreciated!

I've been having problems for the past 6 months in downloading apps or updates from Google Play on my Note phone. I have to disconnect from my router and download through 4G. Have had the phone for a year and didn't have this problem for the first 6 months. Nothing has changed on my wireless router.

This wasn't a big deal until yesterday when I bought a Note 8 tablet. It's doing the same thing. However, I don't have it added to my data plan so I don't have 4G to assist. The error messages are either 'package is invalid' or 'error code 489'.

Has any one had this problem? I can't seem to find any Google support on this problem. Any help would be most appreciated!

Have you tried rebooting/resetting your router?

Upvote 0
Yes, I have. I have satellite for internet and the signal changes constantly. Thinking the connection isn't strong enough. I've even shut down phones, all computers and still get the same error codes. :(
I would try using a different system - either starbucks or a friends house and see if it works there. That will eliminate the devices - I suspect your router may be it - are you using a separate router or the one that came with your sat system?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones