1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can't download anything from market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FirefighterRQ, Nov 20, 2011.

1. FirefighterRQ

FirefighterRQ Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I am unable to download anything from the market on my DX, also unable to update any apps. I have tried SBFing back to .602 and .340. Unrooting and rerooting. I have tried several different roms. Even on stock .605 my market app says "unable to download do to an error" for every app I try. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. tazmanmo55

tazmanmo55 Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Linux Admin & Consultant (and rom consultant to th
    Show-Me
    Have you cleared the cache on your Market app? If not, go to Settings> Applications> Manage applications> (wait for it to propagate the list of apps) and select All at the top of the menu.......after that list propagates, scroll down till you find Market and select it. This will open the app stats on the Market app and you will select the "Clear data" button in the middle left of the screen. You will be prompted to continue once you select "Clear data" and you will want to continue with that step. Once it is cleared, back out of the Settings menu, open the Market app (at this point it should give you the Authorization screen to login to your Market account and you should be up and ready to download/update again. This usually happens quite often when changing Roms and re-installing apps so, it wasn't anything that you did but, you could have done this earlier and saved a lot SBF'ing. Good Luck!

3. FirefighterRQ

FirefighterRQ Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I did try that earlier but it didn't work, but after going back to deodexed .605 and trying it again it appears to have done the trick this time, Thanks for the help. Been fighting it all day off and on here at work.

4. tazmanmo55

tazmanmo55 Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Linux Admin & Consultant (and rom consultant to th
    Show-Me
    Hey......NP. Had it happen a few times myself since I change Roms like I change socks. Glad you're back on track.