• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download Apps from android market to my A500

cjess1

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
:( Just bought Acer a500 , so far haven't been able to download apps from android market . Download start's seem stuck , never finishes , have tried several apps some very small, just continues, never stops and install, What am I not doing ? everythings works fine Gmail, you tube, browers ,but no app"s

I found this from google.
Hope it helps you out...
Here are the troubleshooting steps that we typically share:
1) Make sure you have enough available space (i.e. no low space icon)
2) Power off your phone, power it back on
3) If you still have pending downloads, cancel all outstanding/pending downloads. Don’t worry, once you’ve paid for app you can install it as many times.
4) If pending downloads will not cancel, uninstall the application. Once again, don’t’ worry, you can install each application as many times as you’d like once you’ve purchased it.
5) Re-download your app(s)

Reactions: cjess1
Upvote 0
I am having this problem as well, Im not for sure but I think I started having this problem right after I installed PDAnet to try and connect my Iconia A500 to my phone for service. After I did this I can get to the market and start the download and it never stops downloading and when I click on it it says "A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen". I have uninstalled PDAnet but still have this problem.
Any Ideas???

Upvote 0
I had this problem on my phone when I switched my email from googlemail to gmail on the pc at google's suggestion. Downloads started but wouldn't finish. I changed it back to googlemail and spent all night searching forums. No joy. The only suggestion was too wipe it and start again. After I did this I could download from the market again.

Upvote 0
@Jackson1, I did do that the firsts time. I erased everything and started over, but again I have the same problem. I shouldn't have to do this every time I want to download something to my tab. I don't understand though because on my android phone I don't have this problem and have had it for a year..

Upvote 0
I have had this issue few times when browsing the store. But I noticed that after just waiting for a while they get installed. Or if I re-click the install button. There's a status bar for downloading and also an indicator telling when it's actually installing but between that there seems to be no indicator telling if it's "doing something" for the application.

Upvote 0
Try this install using this link...

http://androidadvices.com/downloads/com.android.vendingAAD.apk

to see if it will over write the file already installed to see if it reverts it back. Normally this fix is for rooted tablets and your supposed to uninstall the original market and install this one but your probably not rooted so I'm thinking just install this over the top may work but not sure.

This is the older version cause the newer Market version is causing problems with the A500

Upvote 0
@splatoid, Ok so no I haven't contacted google support for help yet because I dont know if its google, acer, or the market that im having the problem with.
I tried downloading the link you posted on my tablet and it has been showing download for about 20 minutes. So I downloaded it to my pc and sent the file to the tablet through usb and that worked and installed the upgrade but when opening it, it says "No connection [Retry]" but never connects. I uninstalled it and tried Market again and it works but try to download and back to the same problem of "network error"

Upvote 0
Ok so I am gonna format and try this one more time and stay away from the PDAnet program and see if that was the whole problem to start with. If it happens again I will be back and should have already talked to some support people by then. Thank you guys SOOO much for the help and ideas. I will let you know what becomes of it! Thanks again!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones