1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't download apps from market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ferrari353, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member

My sister has the captivate and she can't download apps from the market anymore. It's not rooted, btw. It starts the download, and then it shows it in the notification panel thing, but then it goes away after like two seconds. When you go to "my apps" it shows up, but it's still not installed...We've tried restarting it, and nothing is working....Any suggestions?

2. Ferrari353

It started working again, but then it stopped working again....Does anyone know what the problem might be?

3. Dante04SRT

Dante04SRT Well-Known Member

My phone has doing the same thing - Sometimes I have to redownload the app like 5 times before it ACTUALLY downloads.... no idea what's going on.

I'm running Serendipity 6.2, although that will likely change tonight...

4. NatesMom

NatesMom Member

So, it is a matter of the apps are downloaded and you are having trouble auto-installing? Or you are having a problem finding/launching the app, even though it shows up in your MyApps list as being 'Installed'? Are the apps being accessed via the Market on the phone or from a PC?

When Google first launched the web version of the Android Market, my Captivate was able to download apps but it wouldn't auto-install as advertised. I had to manually install them on my phone. I found that by logging into the market via the web on my laptop, this problem corrected itself.

5. Ferrari353

no okay when you try to download an app, it shows up in the notification bar for like 3 seconds, then just disappears. She's getting the apps from her phone. And it won't even download. And it doesn't show up as installed, but it shows up as giving you the option to install it.

I've tried clearing data and cache, I've tried signing out of Google Talk (and disabling auto-sign in), I just can't seem to figure out the problem...

6. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

go to settings, applications, all applications and find the market app. click clear data and you should be good to go

almare26 likes this.
  7. Ferrari353

Read the post right above you.

8. sremick

sremick Android Expert

9. almare26

almare26 Lurker

The fix from iffrett worked perfectly. Many thanks!

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews