• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download apps, says memory needed

For a while, I was using the default browser for my phone and a message popped up saying my phone was infected and I had to download a specific antivirus that they showed the link for. I didn't have a good antivirus(guilty) and I remember going to play store and trying to download a popular antivirus(not the one they showed). Then, Playstore tells me that I didn't have enough space(17 gb wasn't enough I suppose) so I deleted my YouTube and Instagram. Guess what? The system message came right back. I thought it was my Playstore that somehow got infected. So I deleted it and downloaded an apk file for it. (This all happened a few months back so my memory is pretty foggy cause I was on my other phone for a while so anything after this, I am not 100% sure) I guess it installed pretty ok cause now I have 360 Security. Recently, I forgot all about this, and I checked on my phone again and realised that I didn't have Chrome. I tried downloading it and the old message came back and I accidentally deleted my YouTube Instagram and Facebook and the message kept coming back. So it tried the apk file for it but now I can't seem to install it cause the system keeps showing that I don't have enough storage space, which is hilariously untrue. I have no idea what to do. Someone smart out there, please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones