1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant download apps, says need more memory

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by loveallpandas, Jul 18, 2018.

1. loveallpandas

loveallpandas Lurker

HM NOTE 1LTE
    ANDROID: 4.4.4 KTU84P

For a while, I was using the default browser for my phone and a message popped up saying my phone was infected and I had to download a specific antivirus that they showed the link for. I didn't have a good antivirus(guilty) and I remember going to play store and trying to download a popular antivirus(not the one they showed). Then, Playstore tells me that I didn't have enough space(17 gb wasn't enough I suppose) so I deleted my YouTube and Instagram. Guess what? The system message came right back. I thought it was my Playstore that somehow got infected. So I deleted it and downloaded an apk file for it. (This all happened a few months back so my memory is pretty foggy cause I was on my other phone for a while so anything after this, I am not 100% sure) I guess it installed pretty ok cause now I have 360 Security. Recently, I forgot all about this, and I checked on my phone again and realised that I didn't have Chrome. I tried downloading it and the old message came back and I accidentally deleted my YouTube Instagram and Facebook and the message kept coming back. So it tried the apk file for it but now I can't seem to install it cause the system keeps showing that I don't have enough storage space, which is hilariously untrue. I have no idea what to do. Someone smart out there, please help.

#1 loveallpandas, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Um dude or dudette, It sounds as if you need to do a factory reset on that device and get back everything you misplaced.