1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Cant download apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lil_joee, Nov 16, 2010.

1. lil_joee

lil_joee Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Telus
    Taskiller Used?:NOT USED
    NOT ROOTED

Ok let me start off by saying ive read a lot of issues that have to do with this and i think i can narrow down the problem...but i cant seem to fix it.

The first thing is i HAVE an internet connection and my wi-fi works fine... as a matter of fact, i only have this issue at work because when im at home or at a friends place, not only does my wi-fi work but i can also download apps. and log into gtalk.

Anyways basicly when im at work my internet works fine but i can not download apps or log on to gtalk. I know for sure it has to do with gtalk but i just cant get it to work when im at work, it keeps telling me "could not connect to server. Will retry shortly".

Any help would b much appreciated

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    On your work wifi? Could they have certain security policies preventing you from connecting to some google services?

3. lil_joee

lil_joee Member

Nov 10, 2010
    i thought about it but the funny thing is that my co-worker has an android phone and she can download apps fine...she also has a different phone then me...i dont know the exact model...but i fugured if she can i should b able to as well....so i dont think there is...but if there was for some reason id like to hear some suggestions cuz my other co-worker is the admin for my work so i can change things up if i tell him what exactilly to do....but again ...im not sure what i would have to change?

Tags: