1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't download files from Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I have an LG phone running 4.4 and when I send a file to my gmail acct it has a download icon. My wife's LG running 5.0 doesn't have a download icon. I've tried the three bars + still no download option available anywhere. How do we copy files from her gmail to the download folder? TIA

Advertisement

2. Peter Fram

Peter Fram Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    Hello,

I have a gmail account and I have no problem, when I open the email I scroll down and there are buttons to "download", "open", and other buttons appear, like "Archive", etc. However, maybe it's my Samsung GT5830 that works. I also have an MS email account on outlook.com, however I cannot use the Android version if email which is "Email", although there is an icon at the top indicating there is an attachment I cannot do anything with it. So the question is, which app do you use when connecting to the google mail account? This seems to only work with Google's "Gmail" app, not "Email" app.

Pete

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
  4. Peter Fram

Peter Fram Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    It's quite nifty, however I took me a while to actually save the attachment, you to first press the "config" icon next to the default download folder and you will see about 5 type of settings, I chose Attachments WI-FI, when I pressed I could enable the size of the attachments.