1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't download from Android Market!!!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jojogogo, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Jojogogo

Jojogogo Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Have just bought a Vimico tablet off Amazon for our daughter. It came with one sheet of A4 which says that some apps/games cannot be automatically downloaded from the android Market, and that they have to be manually added using a USB.

Going onto the android Market it says that the apps/games are suitable for our device and it lists the device.

If we click install it says it's installing but nothing happens.

What do we need to do? Many of the apps say they can be loaded using an USB but nowhere does it tell you how to do this!!! Getting really annoyed now!!!

We managed to install a couple of games from the Market but since Xmas day nothing will download. All the games she wants are there, we just can't get them...

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Shark09

Shark09 Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    you can download applications and games from panda app.
    you'll need a file manager to install them.
    i use astro file manager

3. Shark09

Shark09 Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    step 1. download this app to pc or mac.

step 2. put it into usb drive.

step 3. connect it to the android device

step 4. install it with the filemanager in your android. if you dont have 1, download astro filemanager

step 5. enjoy your apps and games :p

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    The latest update to the Market has been giving lots of tablet owners that problem. A workaround is to turn off wifi and then immediately turn it back on.

5. Jojogogo

Jojogogo Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Thanks guys. I'll try both suggestions today.

I have to admit, that if I have to do everything through panda apps, and can't use the actual android market, I will feel totally robbed.

My eldest has an ipad and we bought this tablet for our younger daughter 'cos it was cheaper. Guess it saves me right for being tight!!!

Fingers crossed switching the wifi on and off will help, but I can't help but think we're gonna have an ongoing problem given the sheet of A4 says that some games have to be manually added. God only knows what "some" means...

6. Jojogogo

Jojogogo Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Switched off wifi and then back on but still can't download from android market.

I have managed to download a few games from panda apps, and they are working fine.

Having problems downloading the bigger ones (which just happen to be the ones that she really wants). They get so far then just freeze and eventually I get a timed out message. There seems to be 2 options to download, fast download and uploading.com. I've been using the fast download option.

Anyone got any suggestions what I can try next?