• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download from market.

scaryt

May 6, 2010
I've just got my san francisco today. I've unlocked to t-mobile and all is going well. I can surf, text etc.

BUT no matter how I connect to the market place (wifi or 3g) it only goes to starting download and no further. :thinking:

I'm really disappointed. I've tried clearing the cache in applications but still nothing.

Can I ask if your Google Mail account is @gmail.com or @googlemail.com ??

I've read in a couple of places that people have been having problems if there account is @googlemail.com. If so, then try re-registering to get an account that ends in @gmail.com and see if that solves the problem.

Apart from that I couldn't really find any solutions...

Upvote 0
Can I ask if your Google Mail account is @gmail.com or @googlemail.com ??

I've read in a couple of places that people have been having problems if there account is @googlemail.com. If so, then try re-registering to get an account that ends in @gmail.com and see if that solves the problem.

Apart from that I couldn't really find any solutions...

Right I'll try this, I do have a @googlemail account but I didn't get an option for any other ending so wondering if there is a knack to this.

Upvote 0
Actually, you don't have to re-register. I just tried my email account and I can log in with either @gmail.com or @googlemail.com.

So try just signing out on your phone and then sign back in but use @gmail.com instead of your usual @googlemail.com.

Don't know if this will work but it's worth a try :) If not I've also read in places that there maybe a 'verification' period, so the problem could well resolve itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones