1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can't download from market.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scaryt, Dec 4, 2010.

1. scaryt

scaryt Member

May 6, 2010
    I've just got my san francisco today. I've unlocked to t-mobile and all is going well. I can surf, text etc.

BUT no matter how I connect to the market place (wifi or 3g) it only goes to starting download and no further. :thinking:

I'm really disappointed. I've tried clearing the cache in applications but still nothing.

Advertisement

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    SQL Analyst
    Manchester, UK
    Can I ask if your Google Mail account is @gmail.com or @googlemail.com ??

I've read in a couple of places that people have been having problems if there account is @googlemail.com. If so, then try re-registering to get an account that ends in @gmail.com and see if that solves the problem.

Apart from that I couldn't really find any solutions...

3. scaryt

scaryt Member

May 6, 2010
    Right I'll try this, I do have a @googlemail account but I didn't get an option for any other ending so wondering if there is a knack to this.

4. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    SQL Analyst
    Manchester, UK
    Actually, you don't have to re-register. I just tried my email account and I can log in with either @gmail.com or @googlemail.com.

So try just signing out on your phone and then sign back in but use @gmail.com instead of your usual @googlemail.com.

Don't know if this will work but it's worth a try :) If not I've also read in places that there maybe a 'verification' period, so the problem could well resolve itself.

Tags: