• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download HTC Widgets

Okay so yesterday I set my phone back to factory defaults because I was having issues with it syncing to facebook (or rather, not syncing to facebook).

After I set it back to factory defaults, I still couldn't seem to sync new friends with it. I would add the contact to my phone on the my google account, and then try to sync it to my that person in my friends, but the new friend would not show up as a sync option.

Finally, after another 2 or 3 factory default resets, I ended up just syncing my facebook account directly to my G-mail contacts, and then syncing it to the phone. My issue now, is that I can't seem to download HTC Widgets, like the battery widget, and install them.

I long press and select HTC Widget then "get more HTC widgets" but it only gives me the error message "Unable to download Widgets. Tap to Try again."

So the tap didn't work. I went to the market place to directly download the app but after it downloads it only says "Incompatible Update".

Can someone help me with this? I've even tried to just re-run the update of the phone by holding the volume down key and power button and letting it run back through that but it still doesn't work.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones