• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't download large files on Incredible

Tmart

Jun 30, 2010
I've tried downloading/transferring several files to my incredible over 3g. Tried downloading a couple times through the stock browser and also i've tried downloading through dropbox but every time the download gets randomly interrupted sometime between when 20mb - 100mb is done. I am not getting any calls or texts or anything that would interrupt it - it seems like the phone is going to sleep in the middle of the download or something. The files I am trying to transfer are approx 200mb .MP4 files and .MP3 files. Anyone know how to fix this problem and/or know of an app that will let you download or transfer large files from my home computer or from HTTP through my web host? On my BB Storm I had to use opera browser to download large files so maybe a different browser would work?

THanks in advance for the help

I use to have a storm and i had the same problem with the stock browser. i did what you did with opera and it worked fine. It is a fact that VZW limits what the transfer over 3g so im thinking that is what happens with our incredible. Try a diffrent browser and see if that fixes it because the updates we get for our OS has to be aproved by VZW and i think thats when they criple in... Let me know if this works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones