1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Can't download reply in messaging...

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by austindta09, Sep 5, 2010.

1. austindta09

austindta09 Member

Sep 4, 2010
    So when I send someone a picture/video through messaging and they reply, there is a download button. When i touch that it says "downloading" for about 1 second and then a message pops up saying "Download of message Re: New Message from *friend's name* was unsuccessful." I have wi-fi and cell service so I don't know why it won't download. I'm assuming they are replying with text but either way nothing is downloading. Please help me!

Advertisement

2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Monkey
    In a Dumpster!
  3. austindta09

austindta09 Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I looked up Handcent and I don't like the look of it. Thanks for the heads up but it doesnt look like something Ill download.

4. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Monkey
    In a Dumpster!
    Hmm then u might need to perform a hard reset.... you will lose all data thoyugh in the process dude....

Let me know what device you have to perform a hard reset

5. austindta09

austindta09 Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I figured out the problem. I had to turn wifi off in order to download the replay. Same goes when people send a pic or video in messaging. I guess it's something about Sprints network vs wifi, according to other sites.

6. Shane112358

Shane112358 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Had this exact same problem on the Epic. Disabling WiFi "fixed" the problem. Lame workaround though.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Does the same thing on my Droid Eris with KaosFroyo (doesn't do it in stock Android 2.1 though). You can't download MMS while connected to wifi. I think its a bug though, hopefully the devs will fix the ROM. Dunno about you guys though.