1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't download Samsung Kies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SMWS, Oct 12, 2014.

1. SMWS

SMWS Lurker

Can't download Samsung Kies for new phone. Says device not found, driver won't install, have done everything to update. I live in Mexico so wonder if Kies will not work here? Yet I had it on my old phone that was brought down from the states. Have installed and uninstalled Kies about 4 times in 2 days trying to get it to work. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Sandy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

There are 2 versions of kies. One for devices running 4.3 or later, one for earlier devices. Are you sure you're using the correct one?
    That's all I got.

3. SMWS

SMWS Lurker

Thanks Johnny W. I checked my device and have down loaded the correct one. Kies 3 is for 4.3 and up which I have. Two years ago I had the same trouble getting Kies to work. Finally after much trying I got it. Guess I'll just keep playing with it and see what happens. Samsung support is worthless yet I love their products.

4. johnny_w

I tried just before posting my last post and had no issues. Are you sure your usb port and cable are in good working order? Perhaps you could try a different port and cable?
    I know, I'm grasping at straws but it's worth a shot.

5. johnny_w

I found this at another Android site in a discussion of your exact issue:

I would like to point something out here. I do believe there is a difference. Some cables, I believe, are charging cables only whereas others are charging and data transfer cables. I had this problem recently when my PC wasn't recognizing the S4. I have a small collection of cables around the house, and I tend to inadvertently mix them up. Anyway, I could not get the S4 to load as a disk drive using the nearest cable. As it turns out, that cable was the USB-to-microUSB charging cable for my Bluetooth headphones. I swapped that for the cable that came with my Nexus 7 tablet and VOILA! PC immediately loaded the S4 as a disk drive.

So, yes, sometimes it really might be the cable that's an issue.

6. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Once you have downloaded KIES to your computer, do not do any updates. I have found that doing the updates right after installation seems to freeze things up.

7. SMWS

SMWS Lurker

Thanks Johnny. Yes I have been doing the updates when it comes up. Will start from scratch and not do updates. Appreciate your help.:)

Sandy

8. johnny_w

Wait a sec, sreum came up with the don't do updates idea and it's a good one!
    I've also read make sure that you're phone isn't connected when you do the installation.
    Good luck, I hope one of these suggestions works!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews