• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant download super user file

hey everyone, so i decided to root my evo using the rooting for dummies gingerbread thread. Ive got S-off but when i try to flash the phone with the su2 file "superuser permission" it says no files found. When selecting the zip file on my card it goes from su2 then

:meta-no files found
:system- no files found

there are no files found on either folder or sub folder.
i tried to redownload this file on another computer but i just get that countdown clock over and over again without the actuall file downloading.

anysuggestions? also i first got the file onto the phone from downloading it on my mac and dragging it to the phone. i only did this since my windows pc cant download the file as stated above.

hey everyone, so i decided to root my evo using the rooting for dummies gingerbread thread. Ive got S-off but when i try to flash the phone with the su2 file "superuser permission" it says no files found. When selecting the zip file on my card it goes from su2 then

:meta-no files found
:system- no files found

there are no files found on either folder or sub folder.
i tried to redownload this file on another computer but i just get that countdown clock over and over again without the actuall file downloading.

anysuggestions? also i first got the file onto the phone from downloading it on my mac and dragging it to the phone. i only did this since my windows pc cant download the file as stated above.

is it zipped or extracted? the file can't be extracted. i think mac's might unzip the file as it downloads. not very familiar with macs.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones