• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download/update apps on Time Warner connection

Rayman1968

Lurker
Oct 23, 2016
Hi,

I recent;y picked up a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime pay-as-you go AT&T GoPhone (my first smart phone, running Marshmallow). Voice and text only, no data on my plan.

When I'm connected to my home WiFi (Time Warner) I can't download or update about 98% of the apps I've tried. I also have Time Warner at work, and I have the same problem there. The app will say "Downloading...", but never make it past that to start actually downloading.

I read tat going into the Play Store app and clearing cache and data might help, but it didn't. I then read that installing a VPN might help, so I got lucky and was able to download the Hideman VPN. I selected Canada (I'm in California) and I was able to update and install any app I wanted to. I also tried while connected to the free WiFi at a Target store and had no trouble downloading on their connection at the store.

Anyone know of a solution to this? Not being able to download and update apps while at home is just silly.

Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones