• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Download/Update Apps Via 4G

darthchris4

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
I have a Motorola Razr with Verizon. In the last 1-2 weeks apps will not download/update from the Android Market unless I'm connected via wireless/wifi. My phone has 4G LTE with a download speed that is sometimes greater than what I can get connected to wifi. Why is the Android Market not letting me update or download apps unless I'm connected via wifi? I am not using a SD Card and have not fiddled (rooted) with the phone in any way. Is this happening with other phones and/or providers?

I have a Motorola Razr with Verizon. In the last 1-2 weeks apps will not download/update from the Android Market unless I'm connected via wireless/wifi. My phone has 4G LTE with a download speed that is sometimes greater than what I can get connected to wifi. Why is the Android Market not letting me update or download apps unless I'm connected via wifi? I am not using a SD Card and have not fiddled (rooted) with the phone in any way. Is this happening with other phones and/or providers?

What error you get when you try to dounload or update via 4G

Upvote 0
On this same topic a friend with a Motorola smartphone, model unknown to me, asked me to come help her as she could only update her Slot Game and down load the MurphyUSA app with her MiFi on? She is on Verizo 4g and had strong signals.
I had my Samsung Fascinate 3gphone and have never had to turn/connect to wi-fi to download any thing???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones