• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Download/Update from Market?

GeneralPatton

Apr 26, 2010
New York
Just as the title says, I can't download or update anything from the market!?

Whether it be on Wi-Fi or 4G, the bar just sits there with the black dot gliding through it but it never downloads. Then after a long time, I'll get an Error 495.

It's not just me either. My father's S3 can't get anything from the market, and my mothers S2 can't. :thinking:

We are all rooted, but all on separate phones running different ROM's (Of course).

any ideas?

I've tried Clearing Cache and Clearing Data from Google Play.

We're stumped.

Titanium Backup? Uninstall then boot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reboot and reinstall
Tried..didn't work. :(

EDIT: Tried an experiment:
Tried downloading a few apps at the play store.
With wi-fi on...they would not download.
turned wi-fi off..they did install.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the Sprint Airave I recently installed that's messing with the wi-fi?

Upvote 0
It's official...I unplugged the Sprint Airave unit and all works fine on Wi-Fi now.
Time to call Sprint and see what they have to say.:rolleyes:

EDIT: called Sprint...Apparently...if I'm going to leave Airave hooked up and download from the play store, I have to turn wi-fi off on my phone.
So I tell them, "Well that's just stupid. So I have to download at suck a$$ 3g and can't use wi-fi?"
He says, "That's correct sir". " It's only good for signal strength in your house for making phone calls".

OH Brother...see ya Airave...back to the Sprint store you go! :mad:

Upvote 0
I have the older model that doesn't have 3G and have no issue with downloads from the play store or anywhere else. Frankly, why would you use 3G through the Airave if you have wifi anyway? Is there some way to turn off the 3G part of the Airave, because that may be what's causing the interference? Getting this thing for free is the single reason I stay with Sprint.

Upvote 0
Ok...so I thought I'd throw this update out there for anyone wanting to get Airave, though I may have scared people away due to my initial experience.
I said to myself, before sending this back, (because it really does boost signal in the house.) 2 thumbs up for that...
I decided to bypass the cable modem, which was causing the problem, and went from the wan port in the back of Airwave to my wireless router...BaMM...it works!
Now I'm a happy guy...sorry...but no thanks to Sprint tech help! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones