1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Edit Contacts if the Phone Contacts Come Before Facebook Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by H.O.T., Jul 15, 2011.

1. H.O.T.

H.O.T. Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Hi everybody I have an annoying problem. When I bought the SGS 2 I added my FB account to the phone and I synced my friends to contacts. Then I merged my brother's phone contact with his facebook contact and I could edit the merged contact and I changed its name to "Kardeşim" (It means "my brother" in Turkish.) So here is the point my brother's name is Efe the name starts with "E" and the other word's first letter is "K" so in the contact list "Kardeşim" comes after the FB contact and with that reason I could edit it that's why I could edit it.
    But at another contact which is my father's I could't do any editting. Because my father's name is "Suat" starts with "S" and the word that I wanna write for him is "Babam" (It means "my father" in Turkish.) so, the other word's first letter is "B" that means in the contact list "Babam" comes before the FB contact of my father and with that reason I couldn't edit it.

Here are some photos to show you the situation and make you understand better:

SC20110716-031235.png It's my brother's FB contact

SC20110716-031410.png It's my brother's phone contact

SC20110716-031808.png When they are merged I can edit the contact's name because phone contact is after FB contact in the contact list.

SC20110716-031316.png It's my father's FB contact

SC20110716-031451.png It's my father's phone contact

SC20110716-031721.png When they are merged I can't edit the contact's name because phone contact is before FB contact in the contact list.

Please guys help me and I hope I'm not the only one who is having this annoying issue.

Advertisement

2. H.O.T.

H.O.T. Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Come on guys is no one gonna say sth?

3. Laceyxoxo

Laceyxoxo Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I recently just traded in my Iphone for the LG thrill 3d.. when at&t switched my contacts to my new phone I can not edited them because they are a Unsynced read only contact..?? how do I change this!?