• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server | Tried Factory reset + File delete

disparate

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Hi,

I have a Samsung i7500 (Galaxy).

Originally, it had Android 1.5 installed, but I could not enter the Google Market with my google account and got this message: "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server".

I read here and across the web I should Factory-reset my phone, but it did not work.

So I upgraded the firmware to Android 2.1 using this guide:
http://androidforums.com/i7500-all-things-root/40806-how-mustymod.html

It worked, and now the phone had Android 2.1 installed, but I still cannot access the Google Market with my Google account.
This time I did a factory-reset (Settings -> Privacy -> Factory reset) and also followed this guide to delete the provider-settings (eventually I removed the whole /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/ directory and not only that file):
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...stablish-reliable-data-connection-server.html

BUT NOTHING HELPED!

Any suggestions? I'm beginning to lose hope :(

Dude I had that irritating thing once. Really freaks you out. If I remember correctly I had that problem when I was trying out Froyo 2.2.

Basically you can try to clear cache of all google related settings.
Find that in Setings---> Applications---> Manage Applications

That should help but it would require you to relogin to use gapps.

If this does not help try installing gapps from the recovery again

You my also try restoring to default factory settings

Lastly you may have to start from scratch and try using Galaxo 1.6.3.4.
Its the most stable platform now for daily use.

Reactions: disparate
Upvote 0
Dude I had that irritating thing once. Really freaks you out. If I remember correctly I had that problem when I was trying out Froyo 2.2.

Basically you can try to clear cache of all google related settings.
Find that in Setings---> Applications---> Manage Applications

That should help but it would require you to relogin to use gapps.

If this does not help try installing gapps from the recovery again

You my also try restoring to default factory settings

Lastly you may have to start from scratch and try using Galaxo 1.6.3.4.
Its the most stable platform now for daily use.

Well, I could not reinstall the gapps from recovery as the mustymod does not contain that option :(
But you were right, when I downgraded to Android 1.6 - I managed to login with my Google account!
:D

Just a question. Why would you want to have Android 2.1 installed on your Galaxy, when you can have Android 2.2 instead?

To tell the truth, I didn't find the proper firmware to install on my samsung galaxy :-/ only Eclair (2.1)

Upvote 0
Well, I could not reinstall the gapps from recovery as the mustymod does not contain that option :(
But you were right, when I downgraded to Android 1.6 - I managed to login with my Google account!
:D

To tell the truth, I didn't find the proper firmware to install on my samsung galaxy :-/ only Eclair (2.1)

Just one sentence.
Drakaz has it all. :cool:

And that's it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones