• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't even find the app to put on Note 4. What?

codezer0

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2013
Arizona
okay, so...my old, old Note 3 that was all rooted and running resurrection remix for Android 7.1.2 on it... turned it on again after such a long time out of curiosity. among the other app updates, I see that Magisk had a significant update. After updating the manager and magisk itself, I'm finding that the Magisk hide is actually working. As in, I was able to log in and start actually running pokemon go again.

Now, since then I also have a Note 4 Unlocked that I lent to the wife... and I was able to update Magisk and such on hers, but when I was about to add the hide permissions for pokemon go, I noticed it wasn't installed. More over, trying to search for it, it won't even let me actually point to the app itself.

What the crap is going on here? The Note 4 is running its own build of resurrection remix that has it running Android 8, for what it's worth. I'm at a loss, because if anything, the guts of the Note 4 should have no problem running the game, but google play store actively refuses to show the option to even get the game on there.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones