• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't figure out why S3 handset control stopped working

Bartok

Lurker
Jul 2, 2013
Hi all,
I've got a Samsung S3. I have Audio Manager on it, which has been working fine. Yesterday two things happened: there was some kind of Android update, which I accepted (I'm running 4.1.2) and I plugged in the headphones/mic that I got with the device for the first time. After that, when I tried to use the volume control on the headphones it would not work. When I unplug them and try to use the handset volume up/down side button then it does not work either. It displays the volume bar, and when I press the side button the tiny dot on the display volume bar makes a momentary jump either up or down, but then goes immediately back to the volume it was at when I pressed the button. I am not sure what I have done to mess things up...all suggestions welcome...

Cheers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones