1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can't figure this out....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjgravina, Dec 19, 2011.

1. mjgravina

mjgravina Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    With the release of ICS, I have finally rooted my phone, and now its a ROM fest. Been trying all of the ROMs, from the older CyanogenMod to KANGS, and AESOPS.

My question/issue however, has to do with something else:

I have about 15-20 apps that are the core of any of my installs. My bank app, Netflix, a couple of free games, and so forth.

Whenever I flash a new ROM, those dissapear (as they should). I also cannot seem to download from the Market as APK file format.

How do you guys deal with these? If you flash your phone every other day, you must then reinstall each app from the market one by one? Or is there a way to get the APKs, and then create a ZIP file, that Clockworkmod can read and install automatically after the flashing of each ROM.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, this forum is by far the best and most knowledgeable I have ever been to. I hope to learn quick and be able to contribute as well soon.

Cheers!

Advertisement

2. discipler

discipler Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Download Titanium Backup from the Market. Open menu/batch/backup apps and user data. Once it's done, flash your new Rom. Go to market again and download Titanium Backup again, open it, click restore. I'm usually only interested in restoring only the apps and not the user data. The only data I really care to recover is contacts which are all saved in Google Account.

mjgravina likes this.
  3. mjgravina

mjgravina Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    That makes perfect sense!!... which brings up the last question. The email Account that I use for Market, and for syncing my Contacts, is an old account, no longer in use. What's the fastest way to move those contacts, and all of my Android's account info to a new working email address? Thanks again!

Tags: