• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't find a link to the aio cwr file for linux

Getting

Phone Model is Detected as

THIS SCRIPT IS FOR THE LG ESTEEM and REVOLUTION
MODELS MS910 and VS910 ONLY
SCRIPT WILL NOW ABORT

Don't get it this is the Metro LG Esteem.

The mike tools root was the one I used before cwm on my last esteem before I returned it with the broken glass.

Did it through a vm. About to try the .bat script throw windows 7 vm.

Well if someone gives me a solution to this before I root a different way I'll try it.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Getting

Phone Model is Detected as

THIS SCRIPT IS FOR THE LG ESTEEM and REVOLUTION
MODELS MS910 and VS910 ONLY
SCRIPT WILL NOW ABORT

Don't get it this is the Metro LG Esteem.

The mike tools root was the one I used before cwm on my last esteem before I returned it with the broken glass.

Did it through a vm. About to try the .bat script throw windows 7 vm.

Well if someone gives me a solution to this before I root a different way I'll try it.:thinking:

Use the root here and the ROM managerhttp://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4047405

Upvote 0
Dont understand do i do the process the same way? zvb update appears to be for booting issues?

If you are on ZVB you can use the AIO to root. If you are ZVC/ZVD the root is the same for both of those versions. ROM manager is the easiest /quickest way to install recovery on your phone if you are ZVC/ZVD:):thumbup:

Reactions: Modman
Upvote 0
Used it only to put in cwm. Then cwm for all backups and flashing. There are ROM manager horror stories if you use it for everything

I meant just use ROM manager to install recovery.

So because the script is failing might be on one of those?
Sounds like maybe you need the drivers/autorun.exe didn't run/adb did not install/ phones is in internets conn mode and USB debugging is enable correct?

Reactions: Modman
Upvote 0
The separate root from the post worked!

Then Rom manager flashed cwm. made a backup image of my phone last nite:thumbup:

exe has nothing to do with it I used the Linux.sh file. only rooted with windows with
mike tools instructions because at that time there was no linux scripts.
oneclickroot.bat was only for windows. I recommend everyone who knows linux to
root with it. much faster and doesn't need any device drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones