• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Find/Download MMS Files

theandygram

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
OK, just got the GNexus for Christmas. I have tried to download several finds sent via MMS. It appears to download them, then they are nowhere to be found.

Thinking this might solve the problem, I downloaded "Save MMS" from the market. It is supposed to find/save things in a directory called SavedMMS. I can't even find that directory on the card. The Save MMS application itself continues to show 0 attachments.

Does anyone know how to get photos/files out of a text message? Or where they are saved when a texting app says it has "saved" the download?

Many thanks and happy holidays!

OK, just got the GNexus for Christmas. I have tried to download several finds sent via MMS. It appears to download them, then they are nowhere to be found.

Thinking this might solve the problem, I downloaded "Save MMS" from the market. It is supposed to find/save things in a directory called SavedMMS. I can't even find that directory on the card. The Save MMS application itself continues to show 0 attachments.

Does anyone know how to get photos/files out of a text message? Or where they are saved when a texting app says it has "saved" the download?

Many thanks and happy holidays!

For the stock messaging app long click on the picture and click "save attachment", it saves it to the /sdcard/download folder.

If you use Handcent long click and "copy attached to SD card" and it saves it to the /sdcard/handcent/download folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones