1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't Find/Download MMS Files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theandygram, Dec 27, 2011.

1. theandygram

theandygram Lurker

OK, just got the GNexus for Christmas. I have tried to download several finds sent via MMS. It appears to download them, then they are nowhere to be found.

Thinking this might solve the problem, I downloaded "Save MMS" from the market. It is supposed to find/save things in a directory called SavedMMS. I can't even find that directory on the card. The Save MMS application itself continues to show 0 attachments.

Does anyone know how to get photos/files out of a text message? Or where they are saved when a texting app says it has "saved" the download?

Many thanks and happy holidays!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KingdomMan3

KingdomMan3 Newbie

For the stock messaging app long click on the picture and click "save attachment", it saves it to the /sdcard/download folder.

If you use Handcent long click and "copy attached to SD card" and it saves it to the /sdcard/handcent/download folder.

3. theandygram

theandygram Lurker

It seems it was a problem with poor connectivity to the network. The minute I got somewhere with a strong signal I had no trouble.

Thanks!

4. KingdomMan3

KingdomMan3 Newbie

Now that you say that I guess I misread your original post. I had this issue as well and sometimes have to restart my phone to download a MMS message.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews