• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't find downloaded zip file on NC or sd

androidrook

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
Very rookie but studied here and XDA before rooting.
I have a Nook color 1.3 that is rooted, running CM7 on 16 GB sdcard. It is working extremely well.
Dowloaded apps from Market and works great with WIFI and via Open Garden WIFI Tether, through my rooted- Vortex running 2.2.2.

While tethered I use a site that has mp4/mp3 files that I can download to my phone and listed or watch later. They will be saved on my phone in download folder as "FILENAME.MP3.ZIP".I have downloaded and unzipped them with my phone several times without any problems even after root. It usually will use ThinkFree office to perform the unzipping.

However, nook downloads them, confirms that they are downloaded in the status are. Then when I look for the files, I can't find them. Not in downloads. I tried using file explorer and couldn't find them in any of the directories. Hooked up to computer and searched the sd card - couldn't find it.

Is there a better way to find these files, or do I just need to unzip on the computer and transfer that way?

Seems strange that it can't find the *.zip file?

Thanks for the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones