• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cant find downloaded zip or rar files on sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndivisibleP

Oct 22, 2010
I havent been able to find the zip or rar files my phone downloads (or at least I think it has downloaded) through the Browser app.

THe very first time I tried this it worked fine. i downloaded a zip file from filestube and it immediately showed up in the notification bar that it was downloading. When it was done i clicked the notification and i unzipped it with androzip or something like that. Worked like a charm...

But now i have tried many times, and i never get any confirmation that any download has begun in the notification bar or anything. The only thing that leads me to believe that some download is actually taking place is that, for instance, if iam downloading from megaupload, if i click the download button 2x it will take me to window saying that "this i.p address is already downloading a file".

But i cant find any evidence of this on the phone? :( I have looked through all the folders on the sd card, but no luck. Any advice here? or anyone with a similar problem?

What file manager are you using? I use Astro File Manager / Estrong File Manager / Open Intents File manager.

OI File Manager shows the most complete contents. ES File Manager for some reason hides some of the contents. Astro File Manager is better but I have noticed a hard time looking for stuff.

I suggest you install all 3 apps for use.

Upvote 0
I thank you both for your feedback. I do have all three of the file managers that were mentioned in AndroidSPCS reply although I had never really looked through Open Intents. I had a look after reading the post and although I did see more files visible (which is likely to be handy for future reference) I still didnt find the zip or rar files I was looking for. Concerning alamoes suggestion, I did check the "download" file and quite a few others. Thanks though.

I am wondering now if it is something with Megaupload or the like. I realized that other zip or rar files i have downloaded directly from websites (a beta version of Swype comes to mind) have shown up fine. So I am still puzzled. I know there is also a "Downloads" page in the Browser app (menu>more>downloads) but that also doesnt show any evidence of my attempts to get things from Megaupload etc.

I am still open to advice and insights if any ones got em.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones