1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't find Gestures/Motion Settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soundhound, Dec 30, 2018.

1. soundhound

soundhound Lurker

Hi All, Some time in the past I set my phone's alarm to cancel when I picked the phone up (and shook it?) . I can't remember how I did it ! Why is this important? My wife has an identical phone (2016 J5) and I want to set hers to do the same. Try as I might I just cannot find where the menu in question is. Can someone please help - Thanks ; - )

2. soundhound

soundhound Lurker

I'm running Android version 7.1.1 Experience version 8.5 (A very frustrating version it seems !!)

3. soundhound

soundhound Lurker

Come on folks - this has to be SO easy! (except it isn't! - not for me at least!).....
    I'll put it another way - how do I STOP an alarm cancelling when I pick up my J5?

4. soundhound

soundhound Lurker

Clearly this challenge is proving difficult - 160 views and no answer so far. I don't give up easily and so I'll keep trying to find the answer ; - )

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Well I've never seen this feature on a Samsung Galaxy phone, and I'm quite familiar with various models. Sure it wasn't a third-party app? I know Oppo R series phones had it with their ColorOS, which quite a heavily modified version of Android.

6. soundhound

soundhound Lurker

Thanks for your reply mikedt. Definately not a 3rd party app. I've done a bit more investigating and my 2016 J5 alarm always mutes when I simply pick up the phone. I pick up the phone and the alarm cancels - I'm presented with the home screen - no clue what the alarm was for. The only way of finding out is to go to the clock app itself.

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews