1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can't find memo file Samsung j7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeffmus, Feb 17, 2019.

1. jeffmus

jeffmus Lurker

Screen not working so cannot put phone inmode to send USB data. Hence kies won't work. Connecting to PC shows file on card and phone . Cannot find memo folder or calender.Any ideas ? Need data for new phone .

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Android app data are not normally stored in the publicly visible areas of the phone, but in a directory in /data/data that you can only access directly if you have root privileges. For sure calendar data will be stored that way (they usually belong to a system app called calendar storage, though an individual calendar app may also save its own unsynched data as well), I've never used the Samsung memo app so can't say for that one but it's very likely to be the same.

This means that you won't be able to find them just using USB file transfer.

Does this device allow any way of mirroring the screen to some other display? That might help you do what you need/.

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. jeffmus

jeffmus Lurker

Thanks for your advice. My phone is not routed so can't access. It can do screen mirroring buy need the display to be active to envoke .

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yeah, the new mirroring options are crap. Back when Samsung devices supported MHL you just needed to plug an adapter in and it worked. But I don't know what they currently support, just that they dropped MHL a few years back.

I presume that all of these data are unsynced, i.e. you don't have your calendar backed-up with Google or your notes with Samsung? If you are not sure it's worth checking.

lunatic59 likes this.