• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find /misc partition in J7 prime recovery option

liveondead

Nov 30, 2016
Hello all,
I have been given a phone(Galaxy J7 prime, SM-G610F) by a friend. It has official android nougat firmware and I believe he has not messed up his phone because he doesn't know much about such things. The complaint is that whenever I switch on the phone, so many services keep stopping and I get those stupid popups. I tried to factory reset the phone from settings menu, but whenever phone resets and comes to normal state, everything is like before. Nothing has been wiped out. All the data and apps are still there. I tried to wipe cache partition and format using recovery, but it says can't find /misc partition and the process fails. Sometimes, I get no command while booting. I flashed stock firware using odin. Even when odin says pass, the phone still starts like before. No new change. I don't understand what is wrong with the phone.
Do you guys have any possible solution to help my poor friend?

Hello all,
I have been given a phone(Galaxy J7 prime, SM-G610F) by a friend. It has official android nougat firmware and I believe he has not messed up his phone because he doesn't know much about such things. The complaint is that whenever I switch on the phone, so many services keep stopping and I get those stupid popups. I tried to factory reset the phone from settings menu, but whenever phone resets and comes to normal state, everything is like before. Nothing has been wiped out. All the data and apps are still there. I tried to wipe cache partition and format using recovery, but it says can't find /misc partition and the process fails. Sometimes, I get no command while booting. I flashed stock firware using odin. Even when odin says pass, the phone still starts like before. No new change. I don't understand what is wrong with the phone.
Do you guys have any possible solution to help my poor friend?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones