1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't find multiple user option in lollipop

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Android Question

I just updated my galaxy s4 to lollipop. However, I can't seem to find any options for setting up multi user profiles. It says everywhere online that there should be a little user icon next to the settings icon when I swipe down from the top of the screen. However, to the right of the settings icon is the same old icon to open up all the options like wifi, mobile data, air gesture etc. Neither can I find anything in the full settings menus. Also, when I swipe down from the top of the screen, it also looks completely different than screenshots I've seen. It looks pretty much the same, only with different colors and such.

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but I'm trying what it says online to no avail. Is this new feature only available in certain areas of the world? If not, what might I be doing wrong? If it matters, it's a Norwegian phone. Please help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I could be way wrong here (im not running lollipop at the moment) but isn't that feature only on tablets?

3. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

Ive read you need to swipe down twice to display the notification pane whete the user tab is supposed to be. Im still on kitkat and only used 2 finger option as opposed to 2 swipes. It may be an idea to try a reset because afaik this multiple user option should be there

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

Or when you pull down the normal notifications, can you swipe the bottom horizontally to get to the "quick tiles" screen?

Pugs1957 likes this.
  5. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

No, you can either pull down the notifications bar twice with one finger or once using two fingers. Either way gets to the Quick Settings including, yes, a multi-user icon in the upper right corner. It's there on tablets and phones.

Pugs1957 and funkylogik like this.
  6. funkylogik

Cool cool I'm used to roms where you can swipe the notification shade to get to the tiles. So is multi user on kitkat phones mate?

7. funkylogik

Just checked my kitkat (cm11s) phone and while I have my g+ profile pic thumbnail in the top left, I have no users option in settings.
    Haven't had lollipop on a phone for long enough to notice

Pugs1957 likes this.
  8. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

I've got this same problem on the Moto G 2015... I have the avatar there and when I press it, I'm giving options to edit my personal contact information but there are zero options to switch users or accounts or add accounts or anything.

Perhaps even more odd if you go into the device settings there is no "Users" option anywhere. If you search the settings for "User" or "Users" you get no results. Really, really odd and frustrating!

9. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

There was a question about this a few weeks ago, after lots of looking around found out for some reason Touchwiz doesn't include the users option yet :/
    Yup, here's the post, different problem but this is where we stumbled on this info http://androidforums.com/threads/cant-remove-screen-lock-pin.926474/#post-7015681
    And this link here is where got the info from
    http://gadgetguideonline.com/androi...-lollipop-guest-user-mode-and-multiple-users/

With the Moto problem, I don't know if you got the user accounts there you would think you can switch them as normal. Long shot but perhaps try clearing credentials?

Blu8 likes this.