• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't find my Facebook "pages" with FB app

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
I have some "pages" for my organizations on facebook, separate from my personal profile. I am having trouble getting full access to them through my android (LG Optimus V).

If I use the web browser, i can find my pages, and I can post a comment to their wall, but I can't upload a photo.

If I use the facebook app for my Optimus, which I downloaded from the facebook website, I can upload photos but I can't even find my pages, let alone post to them. When I'm using the app, I go to the FB "home" page and I can access my pofile, my messages, and all kinds of stuff but I can't find my pages. Even if I do a FB search for the name of my organization I can't find it. (on a normal web browser FB search it comes up at the top every time).

It seems the FB app is set up mainly for maintaining your personal profile, but not your groups or pages?

If there is a way to get to my groups/pages and post a photo there, please let me know. If I need another app to do this, please suggest one.

Thanks very much!

You've probably got this taken care of by now, but if not- try Friendcaster by handmark. Much better than the official app. Can't say exactly what it let's you do with pages, since I don't have any myself, but worth a shot.

Exactly what I was going to recommend. Friendcaster gives you actual notifications, allows you to access pages, and all it doesn't do is chat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones