1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't find pictures/videos on computer from android USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidJowns, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AndroidJowns

AndroidJowns Lurker

I use the Hisense Sero 7 Pro Tablet.

I'm having real confusion/difficulties locating my videos/pictures I took with the tablet stored on the tablet from my computer when its connected with USB.
    I have checked the DCIM folder and only get thumbnails for half the 140 pictures/videos I have stored on the tablet.
    Also I can't watch my own videos that I've recorded in the past with the tablet because it says it can't play the video even though it's on the tablet and haven't been deleted.
    I really need help and am appreciative if I get it.
    Heres what I see when looking at my Android folders from PC:
    [​IMG]
    Heres to explain the video problem better:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Are you storing them on an SD card in the tablet? If so, I think you've more than likely got a fake or duff SD card. Especially given that the videos now won't play on the tablet itself, that you can't find the pictures either, and only seeing the thumbnails and/or filenames. Photos are usually stored in DCIM, but they can be in Pictures as well, either on the SD or internal storage.

If the SD card is a fake, you've lost those pictures and videos. Did you buy it from Ebay? - especially Sandisk or Sony. We've had a few posts recently with vanishing photos, video and music, and it's apparently counterfeit SD cards.