1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't find the exact answer for my linking questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RezoundG, May 7, 2012.

1. RezoundG

RezoundG Lurker
    None

May 7, 2012
    I have searched through forums and online in general. Sorry if someone reading this has already had the exact conversation but I'm overwhelmed and frustrated with trying to find the answer for weeks.

Obviously I have the HTC Rezound, and as it is my first droid phone (have had ipones, blackberrys, etc) am actually loving it.

My Problem:
    I would like to link certain contacts to facebook. I know when logging in to FB you are given the option to sync all, sync contacts, or none. When selecting contacts only it inserts anyone with a mobile number listed on FB in my "People". I know logging out or syncing none eliminates that problem. But if I have sync none selected It wont let me click on a contact, edit their info and link them to a FB profile of my choice. Even when I have it synced, some people are automatically linked due to identical names from contacts to FB, which is fine but when I have someone under a different title/name in my phone and manually go to link them as I said through their actual contact this is what happens.

Lets say I'm in People->select Betty->select link/chain icon in top right corner->(three options open)select Facebook->I get a list of my friends on FB, hand select Betty's FB profile->it then goes/turns/blinks back to the previous menu with my three options with FB being one of them.

I go back to see and my selection has not been linked. If it's giving me the option to manually select a FB profile why is denying my selection or not happening? I'm very stuck an frustrated I'm sorry this was a long explanation I just wanted to be very direct and explain exactly what my problem was because every forum or post I've found it just talking about the over all linking/syncing or removing the facebook contacts which I know how to do.

Thank you to anyone who read through this and helps!!

Advertisement

Tags: