1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Can't find the footprint app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chimoy2008, Apr 27, 2010.

1. chimoy2008

chimoy2008 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    hi guys,

After rooting my phone to the Villain Rom 5.2 i didn't notice that is was missing Footprints until i wanted to use it. Can somebody tell me how i can find/ install it again..
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. Uranus

Uranus Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Hiya Chimoy
    Its in Navigation as a button at the top left. Doesnt seem to work for me though.

3. chimoy2008

chimoy2008 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    It's not working for me either, so i thought it needs to be installed coz i cant find it in the application manager. Using adb push wasn't any help as well, it give me the error INSTALL_FAILED-DEXOPT

any ideas????
    anyone

4. chimoy2008

chimoy2008 Member

Apr 18, 2010

I think my problem why it's not working is becoz i'm trying to install a 1.5 files into a 2.1ROM... can anyone lead me to where i can get a 2.1 HTC footprints apk
    thanks

5. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mechanic
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Well gentlemen I don't know if you solved this problem as this thread has been quiet for a month but I have the same problem too. I rooted and installed DC 2.08.1 and the Rom is tweaked and working perfectly. But Footprints wasn't there. I found the .apk for it and the widget and installed them. The Footprints opens and appears to work normally in all respects except the maps don't load. I can add a location with it and get new lat and long for it and everything. Just not maps. I tried everything but haven't gotten it to work yet. Your thread interested me as I thought it was a 1.5 to 2.1 problem also. But in my research I haven't found a newer version of Footprints........... Any help would be appreciated, besides removing the footprints program and forgetting about it..........

Thanks for your help.........

6. SlothyUK

SlothyUK Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Auto Dealership
    Cartersville, GA
    well damn, I just noticed I have same problem, maps are a missing.

any ideas guys?

7. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Web Designer
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I'd do a wipe and install the latest Villain 10.x - the footprints seems to be working fine with that ROM.

Tags: