1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't find top apps in Market :(

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jbone12, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jbone12

jbone12 Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Antec Technologies
    Hey guys, I have 4 android devices and i understand why my tablet wont find popular apps(because newer and older software update for phones are let out and my tablet my not be updated). Its running Android 2.2 so thats what's throwing me off ? is there a way I can make the market think that I'm on a new device? even though I'm running 2.2?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, jbone.

No, not really. Apps look at more than Android version as well, so even if you were able to trick the market into thinking you have a different OS it would know the device and still not list the app ... probably.

You could put the app on one of the devices you have that WILL see it in the market and then sideload it to the tablet. Please, if you try this, be advised that paid apps will NOT be able to be sideloaded and most importantly, respect the developer's rights.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF!

As Lunatic already summed it up well I will just add that 2.2 is actually the most common Android OS out there by far, so apps will support it or they would have no users.

The reason your tablet may not see it might have something to do with the app not supporting large screens though.

If I were you I would check to see if there is a "tablet" version of the same app you want, or even try emailing the developer and tell them the situation.

Most devs would like to know when their users are having trouble finding apps so that they can take steps to fix the situation. This is also sometimes just a glitch in the market that comes and goes.