• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find USB settings anywhere

Today, I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1-update1, on a Samsung Spica (GT-i5700) using Samsung PC Studio. I have already run a factory reset to try and fix the problems, no effect.

Problem 1: Whenever I try to download an app, it gets stuck at "Starting download...", both over Wifi and 3G. I did forget what google account I had on 1.6, so had to create a new one. By default, the account was set to send mail as googlemail.com, not gmail.com (I've tried both), in 'Accounts and Imports'. EDIT: Turns out you need to reset and login using the gmail account after switching from googlemail to gmail.

Problem 2: To connect to Samsung Kies, I need to put the phone into 'kies mode'. Problem is, I can't find this, or the more general 'USB settings', anywhere in the menu. 'USB settings' was present in 1.6, under 'About'.

I am desperate to fix both these issues.

Today, I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1-update1, on a Samsung Spica (GT-i5700) using Samsung PC Studio. I have already run a factory reset to try and fix the problems, no effect.

Problem 1: Whenever I try to download an app, it gets stuck at "Starting download...", both over Wifi and 3G. I did forget what google account I had on 1.6, so had to create a new one. By default, the account was set to send mail as googlemail.com, not gmail.com (I've tried both), in 'Accounts and Imports'. EDIT: Turns out you need to reset and login using the gmail account after switching from googlemail to gmail.

Problem 2: To connect to Samsung Kies, I need to put the phone into 'kies mode'. Problem is, I can't find this, or the more general 'USB settings', anywhere in the menu. 'USB settings' was present in 1.6, under 'About'.

I am desperate to fix both these issues.

mine was already 2.1 i have no usb settings and i cant connect to any pc or laptop ive also tried everything so if you manage to sort the problem please let me know :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones