• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find where to set the Gmail notification tone

Anyone able to find out where to set this on the Droid Bionic? The setting seems to be missing from where it normally is on every Android phone I have had so far.
I've been reading through the responses, and I don't think they are correct. You are supposed to be able to change the notification settings within the Gmail app - but on my bionic, when I go in to settnigs, I am missing all of the choices regarding notifications that should be there (you should see a whole notifications setting list, and on mine it is just blank).

I'm not sure if this is a total bionic bug, or just certain phones. I called Verizon and they called Motorola, and I was told to go back to the store to exchange.

I'm wondering if some of the other responses about just going in to settings are from people with Bionics, or people who are just assuming they know what is supposed to happen. Knowing that would help pinpoint if this is a global Gmail app issue, or only a device by device issue.

Upvote 0
I've been reading through the responses, and I don't think they are correct. You are supposed to be able to change the notification settings within the Gmail app - but on my bionic, when I go in to settnigs, I am missing all of the choices regarding notifications that should be there (you should see a whole notifications setting list, and on mine it is just blank).

I'm not sure if this is a total bionic bug, or just certain phones. I called Verizon and they called Motorola, and I was told to go back to the store to exchange.

I'm wondering if some of the other responses about just going in to settings are from people with Bionics, or people who are just assuming they know what is supposed to happen. Knowing that would help pinpoint if this is a global Gmail app issue, or only a device by device issue.

it uses the new gmail app. you need to goto Gmail > settings > click your gmail account >scroll down to labels to notify >

sounds weird but that's how you do it on any phone with the new gmail app.

Upvote 0
it uses the new gmail app. you need to goto Gmail > settings > click your gmail account >scroll down to labels to notify >

sounds weird but that's how you do it on any phone with the new gmail app.

When you get to settings is anyone elses bottom half of the screen all white and not black? I've noticed it on a few other things I've went in to also. Just think it's kind of strange

Upvote 0
Looks like I did not read the full thread, it had been answered.
But to state it again

from your inbox --> menu/More --> Settings --> Then under Account Settings, select the address you want to use --> scroll down to "Labels to Notify". This will only give you options to set the Tone and Vibrate of the labels you have synced, to sync more, the option above "Sync inboxes and labels" allows you to select more.

Reactions: Vehtemas
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones