1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't find wireless network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KHarper, Jul 14, 2011.

1. KHarper

KHarper Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I just helped a friend switch to using a wireless network in his house so we could move his computer. He has a b/g/n router, and I got a b/g/n usb wireless for his desktop. I set his networks (he has 2) to NOT broadcast SSID.

My HTC EVO 4G can't find those networks, even though his desktop and his iPad can.

They are set up with WPA security. I have triple-checked the security code, but no luck.

I should add I have a wireless G at my house, which uses WEP, and can find it without trouble even though it does not broadcast SSID.

Is there some trick to getting WPA/WPA2 to work on this device?

Advertisement

2. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    The gingerbread update took away the possibility to connect to Wireless-N signals. Not sure what setting you have, but try connecting through b/g only.

3. KHarper

KHarper Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    WHAT? What kind of "upgrade" was that? (I know--the kind that also takes away detailed call history displays, etc.)

I want to keep this particular network on N settings, and I don't need access to it on my phone anyway, so it's no big deal; but do you know if an update that adds N connectivity back in is planned?

4. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    I don't know for sure, someone else on here may know more than I do. But with all of the upset people that are experiencing your same issue, I would think that it is being "planned", I just bet its not on the top of their list with all of the other issues that the update screwed up.

5. cgorak

cgorak Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    I have the same problem on my new Droid 3 with GB. I have a Microsoft router which is N - it tells me I am connected with excellent signal ... but nothing, cannot pull in any sites. It is F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G!

Tags: