• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't flash 5.0 image

egernant

Jun 30, 2010
Factory images for Android 5.0 have been released, as I'm sure you all know by now. I have done this before on the developer preview, so I know the process.

Every time I try to flash this, I get the following error: "error: update package missing system.img". I have followed the step by step instructions manually several times and have even tried it using the Nexus Root Toolkit to automate the process. No luck whatsoever. I used the toolkit to flash 4.4.4 factory image just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone. I've checked the md5 sum.

What could possibly be going wrong?

Factory images for Android 5.0 have been released, as I'm sure you all know by now. I have done this before on the developer preview, so I know the process.

Every time I try to flash this, I get the following error: "error: update package missing system.img". I have followed the step by step instructions manually several times and have even tried it using the Nexus Root Toolkit to automate the process. No luck whatsoever. I used the toolkit to flash 4.4.4 factory image just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone. I've checked the md5 sum.

What could possibly be going wrong?

It's possible that Google forgot to include the system.img in the image.

Upvote 0
I think I got it to work... I extracted EVERYTHING to the same platform-tools folder (including the image.zip file), then manually flashed every .img file sequentially instead of using the flash-all.bat file. It's booting up now with the 5.0 boot animation, so God willing, I'll be off to the races shortly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones