• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't flash a Rom

Situation, I've had Evo since launch, just recently unrevoked 3.the latest version not forever. that went fine got wifi tether working. So I decide to use the newest twopointtwo. Here's what I did:

Downloaded Rom. Didnt unzip.
Placed it in root of sd.
restarted phone, went into recovery, wiped factory, wiped cache, went to advanced wiped dalvik, but got no notification that dalvik was wiped (the first two notified me everytime). Installed zip from SD. It said install went well, rebooted and it hangs EVERYTIME! Stuck on white HTC EVO screen for 10 minutes or more! snatched battery nand recoverd and every thing is fine. Tried this debugging on and off. What am I doing wrong?

Situation, I've had Evo since launch, just recently unrevoked 3.the latest version not forever. that went fine got wifi tether working. So I decide to use the newest twopointtwo. Here's what I did:

Downloaded Rom. Didnt unzip.
Placed it in root of sd.
restarted phone, went into recovery, wiped factory, wiped cache, went to advanced wiped dalvik, but got no notification that dalvik was wiped (the first two notified me everytime). Installed zip from SD. It said install went well, rebooted and it hangs EVERYTIME! Stuck on white HTC EVO screen for 10 minutes or more! snatched battery nand recoverd and every thing is fine. Tried this debugging on and off. What am I doing wrong?

That's interesting.....Sounds like you did everything right. I downloaded Myn's via ROM Manager. Have you tried that route??

Also have you installed unrevoked forever?? I'm not sure if that's required, I just always assumed they went hand in hand, so when I rooted I immediately flashed unrevoked forever and never had any problems like the one you described.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones