1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't flash any new Rom/zips through CWM??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sapphireman, Jan 15, 2012.

1. sapphireman

sapphireman Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Sydney Australia
    Ok, so this is officially driving me bonkers now.
    I can't seem to flash any Rom zips through CWM. When I try to install a Rom it loads for about 20seconds, says "finding update zip"
    "installing update zip"
    then "zip installed " something like that anyway, but obviously after only 20seconds it's not, and I get permanently stuck on the Samsung logo start up screen. I then have to flash a Rom through Odin and then restore the Nandroid back up. Been through this many times now, tried factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache, once then twice, tried installing the Zip twice etc etc.
    I think I remember where things might have gone wrong. About a week ago I went to install CM7, went through the CWM app and tapped on "install update zip" instead of rebooting into recovery as usual.
    Don't ask why I did this think it was really late and I thought "oh, lets try this!" Doh!
    Anyway think that was the start of the problems, anyone got any good ideas to fix this?
    Want to get back on CM9 again to have another test run this weekend.
    Cheers people

Advertisement

2. tvunovellpass

tvunovellpass Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2012
    How did you solve this ??
    It's happening to me !!!

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    *Moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) > Galaxy S2 (International) - All Things Root*

Are you actually selecting the ROM zip file or are you installing update.zip? Update.zip is usually a stock firmware update, not a full rom. If you copied the rom file to the root of your sd card as you should, from CWM you'd go to install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card and select the rom zip file.

4. 3waygeek

3waygeek Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    I saw something like this the other day after I'd loaded XWLPF and CF-Root 5.5 on my SGS2. I wanted to install the JKay deluxe framework, but running the ZIP through CWM wasn't working.

After I'd tried several times, it finally worked -- I have no idea why.