1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cant flash clockwork?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scotty85, Feb 20, 2011.

1. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    ive been using RA recovery and so far its worked just fine. current rom is cm7 nightly #1,flashed overtop of RC1.

i decided for sh*ts and giggles to download and flash the honeycomb port,but the installation failed. no biggie,rebooted and thot id change back to clockwork and see if that would do the trick.

however now when i try and flash the current clockwork at the top of rom manager,or try and flash an older version at the bottom,i get an "error occured while flashing your recovery" error message. :thinking:

when i first rooted,clockwork flashed just fine,and i made 2 backups with it before changing to RA.

RA is still working,so i can still get into recovery and flash/backup/restore but it bugs me when things dont work ;)

amoled screen,if that matters. any ideas?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I believe you have to flash clockwork 2.5.1.2, all others won't install, the 3.*** versions of clockwork are really for gingerbread roms right now.

3. scotty85

None

Jul 25, 2010
    i have tried that... several times. :eek:

the exact message every time,no matter what version, is "an error occured while flashing your recovery" :mad:

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You will have to flash it in hboot then. Find a recovery file from either cyanogen's website or around the forums and name it PB31IMG.zip and place on the root of a fat32 formatted sd card and boot into hboot.

5. scotty85

None

Jul 25, 2010
    mmkay,for whatever this is worth...

plugged the phone into my computer and opened the clockworkmod folder on the sd card. in it were 2 file folders(backup and downloads) and a settings file(.settings) i checked a backup i had made of my fresh factory reset and noticed that there was only the "backup" folder present.

i backed up "downloads" and ".settings" just in case,then deleted them from the clockworkmod folder.

unplugged the phone,opened rom manager,reflashed clockwork and it worked. hooray! :D

the folders are back,but i can flash between CLM and RA_GNM again,so something must have gone bad in one of the ones i deleted. now when i tap flash clockwork,i see the granted su permissions before it flashes,wich i wasnt seeing when it wasnt working.

maybe not a conventional fix,but it worked... thot id share what i did in case it may help someone in the future.

before doing the above,i did try to flash it in HBOOT with the PB31IMG file,and had no luck. i checked the file in recovery,and on the sd card it was listed as PB31IMG.zip,so i have no idea why it didnt work-bad download,wrong file,im not sure. i dint put much effort into figuring out what was wrong,as my brain hurts from all the searching ive done this morning,lol. HBOOT dint find the file and ask me if i wanted to update,so i deleted that file and moved on.

anyway,seems to be fixed,thanks for the replies :)