• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Flash CWM with Rom Toolbox

matther22xdroid

Aug 26, 2010
Indiana, US
I recently got a droid x from a friend just to mess with rooting and romming it. I factory reset used framaroot to root and Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap to strap CWM and created a backup. I went thru forums looking for roms and downloads and all the links to the Roms are dead or changed. So on from there I downloaded Rom Toolbox Lite which had some roms. BUT it won't let me flash CWM to the phone to install the roms(i tried bootstrapping then going back to Rom Toolbox to flash but that wouldn't work either). Can someone point me to a forum or help me out with this?:thinking:

I recently got a droid x from a friend just to mess with rooting and romming it. I factory reset used framaroot to root and Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap to strap CWM and created a backup. I went thru forums looking for roms and downloads and all the links to the Roms are dead or changed. So on from there I downloaded Rom Toolbox Lite which had some roms. BUT it won't let me flash CWM to the phone to install the roms(i tried bootstrapping then going back to Rom Toolbox to flash but that wouldn't work either). Can someone point me to a forum or help me out with this?:thinking:

What android version are you running

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones