• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't flash ROM, help please

kheovnien

Jun 3, 2010
So I downloaded droid x bootstrapper and ROM manager, removed my NEXTHEME and black status bar, and when I tried to install the stock droid x 2.2 file from ROM manager it failed. not only that, all of my apps except for superuser app were deleted including launcher pro once it booted back up. it's almost as if I have a stock phone (i chose reboot from the recovery screen. did this flash the SBF by chance?) still says 2.1 update 1 for version. I get the following:

E: Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/www.clockworkmod.com/download/motorola/droidx/droidx_rooted_froyo.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted
E: Can't open /tmp/recovery.log
E: Can't open /tmp/recovery.log

any help please? thanks guys.

I had this same problem and read somewhere it was because I had removed some bloatware, so what I had to do was flash sbf back to fresh stock 2.1 and then from there bootstrap, and load 2.2 thru rom manager and it worked perfectly.

Hope that helps

yeah, your phone has to have all the bloatware for this to work.

Upvote 0
i didn't delete any bloatware, just changed the extension to .bak but now i changed them back and they show up in the app drawer again. so should the steps be:
open rom manager--> download ROM-->Stock Images-->Verizon Droid X 2.2-->click download-->select wipe data and cache-->reboot? am i missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones