• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant found wifi network after update to 2.1

Shizrinter

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
hi !
i found a problem on my xperia x10i. after i completed updating to 2.1, my phone cant detected any wifi range. Even I standing beside the modem. I've try to restore factory setting and repair. but still no effect.
hope somebody will help me to solve this problem..
i aslo need some advice dor what should i do...

thanks..:(

Sounds like you need to setup your APN. Go to Settings--> Wireless & networks --> Mobile Networks--> Access Point Names. Take a look to see if there is an APN there. If not hit the bottom left button, and select the + New APN, then you will need to find the settings to put in there. The way I was able to confirm I had the correct settings was to visit a store that sells the Xperia and has them on display. Go to the same setting location the shop's phone and look at their settings, then make yours the same. Hope it helps.:)

Upvote 0
hi !
i found a problem on my xperia x10i. after i completed updating to 2.1, my phone cant detected any wifi range. Even I standing beside the modem. I've try to restore factory setting and repair. but still no effect.
hope somebody will help me to solve this problem..
i aslo need some advice dor what should i do...

thanks..:(

Hey,

My name is Markus and I work at Sony Ericsson as a social media coordinator. We stumbled upon your post when doing some forum monitoring.

Do you still have problem with your WiFi connection?
Do you have the possibility to connect your phone to a different network just to rule out where the problem is.

It's not possible to downgrade and we have no plans for 2.2 for this phone model.
The latest software version is called '2.1.A.0.435'. Check if you have this one. If you don't, connect the phone to PC Companion and see if you can download it. We're rolling it out as we speak and all kits have not received it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones