• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't get 3g to work

goshjosh

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2011
I had called in for a replacement a few days ago and I got it today. I swapped numbers to the new phone thinking it was going to be nice and dandy, turns out the phone was worse than my old phone. So I ended up having to call VM and ask them to swap it back to my old phone. After all that only voice and texts seem to work. Can anyone help me out please?

I am rooted/s-off'd

I tried changing my Hboots from eng 1.04 to the 1.57 and to change the radios to the stock one but neither of that helped. I'm also on the rooted stock rom that is used for the rooting

Wi-Fi and everything else seems to work, just not data.

Just so everyone knows, when Virgin gets a return they flash a stock image, make sure that it's fairly functional and then sends it to the next person. There might be camera issues, light leaks etc etc, always compare the replacement against the original before swapping and choose the best. You need to return the unused phone within 15 days and they don't care about which one you send back. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones