1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cant get android apps on android phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by blanny431, May 29, 2011.

1. blanny431

blanny431 Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    Hi folks!!! I have a big problem>>>>> I just bought a phone called Ciphone A3 it is from china but I really love the phone it is easy to run which I need but I do have a couple of huge problems....I didnt know this to beging with but the folks from there DO NOT want to deal with you and your questions....My phone wont accept apps....it is running 2.2 and it just keeps saying the download was unsuccesful!! I can t figure it out...I do have other android stuff so I kind of have an idea what I am doing and I am thinking it has something to do with th is crazy google talk.....I have a google account with Gmail so that is right but I have searched all over and I cant figure this out....and I figure this phone is absolutely worthless without apps!! and I saw something that said I should have soemthing like google chat too..but I dont know how these things are working with each other in order to be able to get apps????if someone has any Idea what I am missing here I would erally appreciate your help ....thanks alot Kev:thinking:

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I'm surprised you can get to the market at all. You see, while Android is open source and "free", access is not, so to gain access to the market, among other things, manufacturers must pay licensing fees to Google. A lot of the lower end devices from points east do not have access specifically for this reason.

There are ways others have got access to the market that are dubious, but that's not entirely fair to Google to be spreading methods to bypass their IP rights. Sorry.

That said, there are other legitimate ways to get apps that are nonindependent of Google's app market, which might work for you. Just be wary of some free app sites as they are distributing unauthorized copies of apps with potential malware infection vectors.

3. bhos0344

bhos0344 Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I had the same problem with my Ciphone A9 version.
    Solution:

1) Turn off phone.
    2) Take out back cover
    3) Take off battery
    4) Take out SD card
    5) Put them all back in
    6) Start her up and try again.